The owners and managers of automotive service businesses that belong to the Automotive Service Association agree to adhere to a Code of Ethics. ASA's Code of Ethics is the automotive service industry's standard for professional business practices. By adhering to the Code of Ethics, members agree:
▪ To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
▪ To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms.
▪ To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
▪ To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services that clearly
identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon
▪ To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer.
▪ To promote good will between the motorist and members of the association.
▪ To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer
which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventive
▪ To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
▪ To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
▪ To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means
satisfactory to the customer.
▪ To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
▪ To maintain customer service records for one year or more.
▪ To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession.
▪ To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's complaints.
▪ To cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
▪ To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct any and
all abuses within the automotive industry.
▪ To uphold the integrity of all members of the Automotive Service Association.
For more information, contact:
Automotive Service Association (ASA)
P.O. Box 929
Bedford, Texas 76095-0929
(817) 685-0225 fax
Web Site: http://www.asashop.org
|Find a Good Shop|
Copyright © 2003 Hi-T.E.C. Automotive, Ltd. ® All rights reserved.